- Parents wishing to admit a child should first register the child for an admission test by completing the admission form at the school office and taking an appointment card for the test and interview.
- Registration does not in any way confirm or guarantee admission. Admission is subject to getting through an admission test / interview and availability of the seat.
- The class for which a child is tested is determined according to the child's age as at : 31st July for schools where the academic session starts in August.
PRE-NURSERY - KINDERGARTEN
An informal individual assessment test is taken combined with an interview with both the parents. Generally, the reading level of a child, the vocabulary and concepts of colours and numbers are assessed. In addition, the confidence of the child, the level of spoken English and more skills are taken into consideration.
CLASS I ONWARD
- Applicants for Class I onward are tested in three subjects – English, Bangla (optional for foreign students) and Mathematics. The pass percentage is 50%. Duration of each paper is approximately 30 minutes.
- For the written test, the child should come properly equipped with pencil, eraser, sharpener and ruler.
- The papers are not set from the specific textbooks or syllabus but are of a general nature designed to test the aptitude of the child in the basic subjects.
- The test paper is not shown to anyone and only marks are communicated to the parents / guardians.
- A candidate caught cheating during the admission test will be rejected.
The list displaying names of selected candidates will be put up on the notice board of the concerned branch on the date given by school.
In all cases, merit is the sole criterion for admission. The decision of the school cannot be challenged in any way and will be final.
- Details should be collected from the school office as soon as information is received that the child has qualified for admission.
- At the time of admission, a non-refundable admission fee, a refundable security deposit and two months tuition fee is payable.
- Admission remains provisional and is not confirmed unless the following documents are submitted.
- School leaving certificate and progress report card from the previous school attended.
- Copy of birth certificate from the hospital/clinic where the child was born as well as the municipal corporation's birth certificate. Original should be produced at the time of interview.
- One stamp size and two passport size photographs of the child.